South Lawndale (Chicago, Ill.)
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Austin Newspapers Collection
The collection contains community newspapers includes The Austin Herald, The Austin News, The Austinite, The Austin Voice, The Austin Weekly News, and The Windy City Word. The issues primarily span 1970-1997.
David Gremp Photographs
As part of the CETA/Neighborhood Arts Program in Chicago, David Gremp was the artist-in-residence assigned to the Chicago Public Library. His photographs document the neighborhoods surrounding 13 library branch locations including Austin, Chatham, Chinatown, Garfield Park, Hyde Park, Lincoln Park, Lincoln Square, Little Village, Lower Westside, Pullman, Scottsdale, Uptown, and Washington Heights.
Lawndale-Crawford Community Collection
Originally gathered by the Lawndale-Crawford Historical Association, the manuscripts, printed material and photographs in this collection focus upon the community areas that span North and South Lawndale and includes documentation of Bohemian immigrants who settled in the area around 1900. There is also information about neighborhood schools, businesses, residents, clubs and the controversial name changing of Crawford Avenue to Pulaski Road.
Lawndale-Crawford Historical Association Records
The collection includes organization files, local history materials, photographs and a scrapbook of news clippings gathered and created by the Lawndale-Crawford Historical Association.
O’Quinn Family Papers
The O’Quinn Family Papers document their participation in Chicago’s Lawndale community that includes Boy Scouts of America, O’Quinn Royal Gladiators Drum and Bugle Corps and West Side Negro Women's League.
South Lawndale Community Collection
The collection contains a range of articles, brochures, historical sketches, newsletters, photographs, programs and yearbooks that focus on neighborhood events, persons and organizations in the South Lawndale community, particularly during the mid-20th century.
- North Lawndale (Chicago, Ill.) 4
- Austin (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- West Garfield Park (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Armour Square (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Ashburn (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Illinois -- Chicago -- History -- Sources. 1
- Austin (Chicago, Ill.) -- Newspapers 1
- Business enterprises -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Chatham (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Czechs -- Illinois -- Chicago -- History -- Sources 1
- Drum and bugle corps -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- East Garfield Park (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Gymnasts -- Societies -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- History--societies, etc -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Hyde Park (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Lincoln Park (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Lincoln Square (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Lower West Side (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Near North Side (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Neighborhoods -- Illinois -- Chicago 1 ∧ less