Toni Bond Leonard Papers
Toni M. Bond Leonard became involved in the reproductive justice movement in the 1980s, eventually becoming executive director for the Chicago Abortion Fund. In 1996, Bond Leonard was one of the founding members of African American Women Evolving, which was formed to provide educational services to the African American community about reproductive justice, equality and education. The collection includes organizational and biographical records, as well as manuscripts, correspondence and educational resources.
Donated by Toni Bond Leonard, 2011.
Language of Description
Script of Description
- Creation: 1948-2012
- Creation: Majority of material found in (1995-2011)
- Bond Leonard, Toni (donor., Person)
42 Linear Feet (in 54 boxes, including 10 oversize boxes, 7 audio cassette tapes, 46 VHS tapes)
- Bond Leonard, Toni -- : Archives. (Person)
- Chicago Abortion Fund -- : Archives. (Organization)
- National Network of Abortion Funds -- : Archives. (Organization)
- SisterSong Women of Color Reproductive Health Collective -- : Archives. (Organization)
- Raising Women's Voices -- : Archives. (Organization)
- National Network of Abortion Funds (Organization)
- SisterSong Women of Color Reproductive Health Collective (Organization)