Religious institutions -- Illinois -- Chicago
Found in 16 Collections and/or Records:
The collection contains manuscript, print and photographic documentation on demographic, economic, cultural, social, political, and religious development of the Austin neighborhood. The collection contains biographical information on Austin residents, as well as information on businesses, religious institutions clubs and organizations, hospitals, municipal agencies, parks, residences, schools, streets, transportation, and wartime activities.
The Beverly-Morgan Park Collection contains range of manuscript, printed and photographic materials on the development of these adjacent community areas in southwestern Chicago. The documentation includes information on businesses, clubs and organizations, municipal agencies, parks, religious institutions, residences, schools, transportation, and the Village of Morgan Park from its incorporation in 1892 until its annexation to the City of Chicago in 1914.
The Calumet Region Community Collection spans Chicago’s Roseland, Pullman, West Pullman, South Holland, Dolton, Fernwood, Gano, Kensington, Riverdale and Rosemoor neighborhoods. The collection includes biographical, business, church, community and school records in addition to photographs, scrapbooks, community histories and artifacts spanning more than one hundred years.
The East Garfield Park Collection contains manuscripts, printed material and photographs on businesses, clubs and organizations, religious institutions, residents, schools and street scenes in the community area, as well as Garfield Park itself.
The Lake View Council on Religious Action was organized in 1940 by representatives from local churches and synagogues and members of the Kiwanis Club of Lake View. The collection contains documents and photographs from their annual award luncheon as well as a small number of general historical files.
Rogers Park and West Ridge, two of Chicago’s seventy-seven community areas, are located nine miles north of the Loop on the city’s far North Side. This collection documents life in Rogers Park and West Ridge from the mid-nineteenth century to the present day.
The glass photographic slides cover a broad spectrum of Chicago history including businesses, churches, clubs, organizations, municipal agencies, parks, residences, schools, street views and transportation, among other historical topics such as the Century of Progress and the World’s Columbian Exposition.
The South Chicago Community Collection contains a range of ephemera, pamphlets, photographs and news clippings about the neighborhood’s residents, business establishments, religious institutions, clubs and organizations, hospitals, municipal agencies, residences, schools, streets, transportation, and wartime activities.
The South Shore Community Collection contains manuscripts, printed material and photographs on businesses, clubs and organizations, religious institutions, residents, schools and street scenes in the community area.
The collection contains correspondence, directories, historical narratives, meeting minutes, news clippings, newsletters and over 300 photographs related to businesses, clubs, organizations, religious organizations, persons, residences, schools and street scenes in the West Garfield Park community area.
The West Town Community Collection covers the history of Chicago's West Town neighborhood, its residents, and its institutions, including churches, businesses, organizations, settlement houses, schools and libraries. Of particular note are the photographs that document schools in the neighborhood.