World War, 1939-1945
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
The Albany Park Community Area is located eight miles northwest of Chicago’s Loop. Community number fourteen of Chicago's seventy-seven official communities, Albany Park was annexed into Chicago in 1889. This collection documents life in Albany Park from 1919 to 2001.
The Office of Civilian Defense Records documents the civilian support efforts of the District 4 office, headquartered in the Gold Dome Building of Garfield Park, during World War II. The collection includes administrative and organizational materials, news reports and publicity items for civilian training, volunteer efforts and War Loan drives.
Louis D. Walz directed the Lake View High School Band from 1928 until his retirement in 1961. The collection includes photographs of student musical activities at Lake View High; letters from former students serving in World War II; and programs, clippings, and correspondence related to Walz’s work at Lake View High.