North Lawndale (Chicago, Ill.)
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Austin Newspapers Collection
The collection contains community newspapers includes The Austin Herald, The Austin News, The Austinite, The Austin Voice, The Austin Weekly News, and The Windy City Word. The issues primarily span 1970-1997.
Lawndale-Crawford Community Collection
Originally gathered by the Lawndale-Crawford Historical Association, the manuscripts, printed material and photographs in this collection focus upon the community areas that span North and South Lawndale and includes documentation of Bohemian immigrants who settled in the area around 1900. There is also information about neighborhood schools, businesses, residents, clubs and the controversial name changing of Crawford Avenue to Pulaski Road.
Lawndale-Crawford Historical Association Records
The collection includes organization files, local history materials, photographs and a scrapbook of news clippings gathered and created by the Lawndale-Crawford Historical Association.
North Lawndale Community Collection
The collection contains a range of articles, brochures, historical sketches, newsletters, photographs, programs and reports that focus on neighborhood events, persons and organizations, particularly during the mid-20th century when Russian Jews were the dominant foreign-born group.
O’Quinn Family Papers
The O’Quinn Family Papers document their participation in Chicago’s Lawndale community that includes Boy Scouts of America, O’Quinn Royal Gladiators Drum and Bugle Corps and West Side Negro Women's League.