Morgan Park (Chicago, Ill.)
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
The Beverly-Morgan Park Collection contains range of manuscript, printed and photographic materials on the development of these adjacent community areas in southwestern Chicago. The documentation includes information on businesses, clubs and organizations, municipal agencies, parks, religious institutions, residences, schools, transportation, and the Village of Morgan Park from its incorporation in 1892 until its annexation to the City of Chicago in 1914.
Ann Brown was a member of the National Association of Colored Women’s Clubs and longtime member of the Missionary Society of Arnett Chapel A.M.E. Church. Collection contains photographs, memorabilia, funeral programs, church programs and genealogical records relating to the Brown family.
The Morgan Park Co-op Credit Union, founded in 1940, is the oldest African American credit union in Chicago. The collection contains photographs, legal documents, history brochures and memorabilia.